Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Honeybee Gardens Water Based Nail Polish

In the past, I hardly ever wore black nail polish. Now that it's a main stream trend, I decided to give black a try. I chose Abyss from Honeybee Gardens water-based nail polish line.


I tried out Abyss on my toenails. First I painted on a layer of clear nail polish from Honeybee Gardens. Then I used 2-3 layers of black polish, allowing it to dry in between. The black nail polish went on nicely and kind of looked like a jelly until it reached opacity. It dried to a nice glossy finish.

I really liked the finished black toenail polish look, especially for a formal event with heals. I think it looks very classy.

I was happy with my pedicure until I went to ballroom dance class a couple days later and the polish started chipping off left and right. After a week the polish looked awful. It was chipped off halfway down my nails!

I also tried out Honeybee Gardens nail polish on my fingernails and had a bit better luck using a coat of clear on top as a top coat. You can read a full review of Honeybee Gardens water based nail polish on the Water Based Nail Polish Blog Pretty Painted Nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment