Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jojoba Oil for Cuticles and Hands


Along with water based nail polishes, I have recently added some nail care products to my collection. My hands get dry easily, especially my cuticles and the skin right around my nails. At first I was unsure which moisturizing products would work with water based nail polishes. I avoided using regular hand lotion the day before and day after applying water based nail polish. I did not want the oil and emollients in the lotion to cause the polish to chip.

I finally found a moisturizer for cuticles and hands that is natural, organic, vegan and works with water based nail polishes! It's called jojoba oil. It is extracted from the seeds of the jojoba plant, which grows in the South Western United States. Jojoba oil is the plant based substance that most closely resembles oil found on human skin. Since it mimics out natural oils it is easily absorbed into the skin and helps lock in moisturizer.

There are two main ways to use jojoba oil with nail polish. First, you can use it when buffing your nails. Add a drop of jojoba oil to each nail and rub it in. Then use a three sided nail buffer to buff your nails. This helps drive the oil deep into your nails and leaves them looking healthy and shiny!

The second way to use jojoba oil is as a cuticle oil and hand moisturizer. Take a few drops and massage it into your cuticle and the skin near your nails. Then rub your hands together and distribute the rest of the oil over your hands. Let it soak in a bit to minimize the residue.



Have you used jojoba oil? What else do you use it for, other than as a hand and nail treatment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment