Monday, August 13, 2012

Peel-Off Nail Polish Has Its Limitations

As I have experimented with water based nail polishes, I have grown to appreciate peel-off nail polishes. Removing water based nail polish can be tough and time consuming. It is nice to have the option to just soak my nails in water and then peel the polish off.

I decided to try wearing peel-off water based nail polish on my toenails. I thought this could be useful for times when I want to change my toenail polish frequently or while I'm traveling. I painted my toenails with a purple color from Suncoat. It looked great on my toes. You couldn't even tell that it was a peel-off polish. But when it came time to remove the polish, it was more stubborn than expected. I soaked my nails in warm water, as usual. Then I tried to peel off the polish, but it didn't want to come off. I loosened the polish with a cuticle stick and tried again. The polish did come off, but so did the top layer of my toenails. I was left with dry nails with uneven surfaces.

So end the end, even though peel-off nail polish can be fun and fast to remove from fingernails, it is better to skip the peel-off formulas for toenails.

Have you ever worn a peel-off nail polish on your toenails?

No comments:

Post a Comment