Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Peel Off Nail Polish- Sula Beauty Review

I recently tried Sula Beauty's water based peel-off nail polish. This polish is not intended for kids, but for grown ups!

My test of Sula Paint and Peel got off to a bad start. First off, the nail polish is advertised as water based, but the top coat that comes with the duo is regular solvent based nail polish. They should make that more clear! Secondly, I prefer polish with very little or no smell, but they add perfume to the nail polish! Thirdly, the polish painted on very unevenly. I tried to use three very thin coats. It still added up to a thick texture with ridges all over.

But then my experience with Sula got a bit better. I loved the color! Modern mauve is a cheery purple color. I got compliments on it right away. I wore the polish for two days, and the annoying perfume smell did go away once it dried. The polish started peeling after showers and while washing dishes. It looked okay the first day, but by the second day it had peeled back to reveal the tips of some of my nails. That's okay, I thought. It is meant to be a temporary polish.

So after wearing it for two days I removed the polish. I had already read other reviews complaining that peeling off the polish peeled off bits of the nail plate. So I started by only taking the polish off one nail. It did peel the nail plate off a bit. So next I soaked my nails in warm water for five minutes. After that it peeled off like a charm, without damaging my nails!



If you don't mind the gloppy texture and the perfume smell, Sula Paint and Peel is a fun novelty. I'm am thinking of getting a single bottle of polish in Azure, a pretty aqua.

Has anyone tried the single bottles of polish? If so, can you tell me if the ingredients also include perfume on those ones? 

No comments:

Post a Comment